Pure maltodextrin – Each 38g serving contains:
• 145 Calories
• 34 grams of Complex Carbs
• No Fat
• No Artificial flavors or sweeteners
• Scoop Included
• Flavor as desired
You may not be aware that maltodextrin is the main component in almost all weight-gain products. It has a significant effect on the enzymatic process which allows individuals to perform better during exercise as well as bulk up on much needed muscle mass. This natural ingredient is highly useful especially for athletes and bodybuilders without the risk of side effects.
Maltodextrin is a complex carbohydrate that greatly helps individuals perform better and last longer to cope with the demands of heavily strenuous activities. Despite being a carbohydrate, it functions more by rapidly degrading the enzymatic process. Maltodextrin supplements are usually added to beverages in order to quickly replenish carbohydrate stores that may have been depleted during exercise. Maltodextrin provides 4 kilocalories per gram just like any other carbohydrate. The ingredient is a very convenient energy source that facilitates rapid delivery and absorption of important nutrients by muscle tissues. Muscle glycogen can instantly be replaced during or after exercise.
Maltodextrin is derived from cornstarch and is very easily digestible. The starch is initially cooked. Acids and/or enzymes are then added to break the starch into smaller polymers. The process is highly similar to what occurs inside the body when digesting carbohydrates. Some forms of maltodextrins are polymers of dextrose that are also referred to as glucose polymers coming in the form of dried powders. These do not contain much fat, fiber or protein although some products are highly known for having soluble fiber and is very useful in reducing fat and excess weight. Most products also do not add vitamins or flavors.
The term “maltodextrin” actually refers to varying lengths of dextrose polymers. Maltodextrin is not very sweet compared to dextrose. It is the primary ingredient found in most weight-gainer products and supplements and come in handy for individuals who need to gain more mass and weight such as ectomorphs. A lot of weight-gain supplements contain a lot of calories to help individuals move up in terms of weight and muscle and consume more than their average dietary intake without having to eat so much in several meals daily.
The fine white powder has a bland taste and mixes very well with different types of liquids. It also helps improve the ability of protein powders to mix with other liquids so most bodybuilders prefer to prepare their on-the-go meals by combining maltodextrin with 1 or 2 scoops of protein powder and 8 to 12 ounces of water. The product contains no fat and can provide energy for long hours.
Bodybuilders usually incorporate maltodextrin in their diets during the bulking phase. One drawback would be the extremely high calories that weight-gain products contain so although maltodextrin itself contains no fat, the excess calories will result in a combination of muscle and fat gain. By degrading the enzymatic process, conversion of carbohydrates to energy is reduced thereby allowing individuals to perform better for longer periods of time.
Maltodextrin is best mixed with water or fruit juice in a shaker or screw-topped mixer. You may also blend it with protein powder since maltodextrin can improve the protein supplement’s ability to mix while the protein’s flavor can improve maltodextrin’s taste. Consume the mix pre-workout, during workout or post-workout to provide enough energy to last all exercises or to quickly replenish glycogen and carbohydrate stores. Every 38 grams of maltodextrin will provide around 145 calories and 34 grams of complex carbohydrates and no fat.
• Mixes easily, try it in 4 oz of favorite sport drink
• No additives, fillers, or artificial ingredients
• Great source for complex carbohydrates
• Manufactured in the USA in a FDA licensed and Kosher plant
• Mixes great with water, juice, milk, sport drink and is great for cooking
• Proprietary filtration that does not de-nature the protein
• Lab tested for purity
No Artificial Sweeteners and Virtually Lactose Free: This is the purest maltodextrin available. This product contains no artificial sweeteners or flavors of any kind.
We guarantee our supplements to be the freshest and purest available: This supplement contains absolutely NO additives, sweeteners or other fillers or agents that many manufacturers use to dilute their products. Muscle Feast, LLC supplements are manufactured under the strictest HACCP, FDA, and Kosher standards, producing the highest quality and purest supplements available. Our raw ingredients undergo state of the art analysis to ensure zero impurities and strict adherence to product labeling. When it comes to price and quality you can’t beat Muscle Feast. We guarantee it!
How can our Quality be so high and our prices so low? We are able to keep our pricing so low because we are a relatively small manufacturer with very low overhead and we sell direct to the public.
Important facts you should know about our supplements:
• Laboratory tested for purity
• Freshly manufactured – not expired or closeout
• Spoon mixes with no gritty taste or residue.
• Backed by the Muscle Feast 30-day money back guarantee
FREE dosing scoop: Get the exact dosage every time with a free single-dose scoop. Fill to the top, not the line.
• Create your own weight gain product:
• try mixing this product with your favorite protein, hopefully Muscle Feast Protein. A very good lean weight gain program would include 1 scoop of maltodextrin, 1 scoop of waxy maize, 1 scoop of micellar casein and 1 scoop of whey protein isolate. This is actually our recipe for “Lean Weight Gainer” product. This product will yield 573 calories with 44 grams of protein and only .8 grams of fat.
• If you want to create a weight gain very similar to Optimum Nutrition’s try mixing just over .8 pounds of our Micellar Casein, .8 pounds of our Whey Protein Isolate, and 8.4 pounds of maltodextrin. If you take 10 scoops of this product (level scoops), you will have a product that contains a whopping 1313 calories with 50 grams of protein. (Optimum’s “Serious Mass” only contains 1250 calories with the same protein level. About the only difference between this recipe and Optimum’s recipe, other than flavoring and artificial sweeteners is this one has a better source of casein; micellar casein versus calcium caseinate, has less fat because whey concentrate is not the main protein ingredient, does not contain any egg protein, and contains less fat. This formula is the same recipe that we use for our “Hardcore Weight Gainer.” Optimum Nutrition recommends 3 servings per day. This product contains 13 servings.
• When making a weight gainer, it is best to mix in a blender because of the large amount of powders you are trying to mix.
• My personal pick is the “Lean Weight Gainer” and this is what my son takes during his weight gain cycles because it is a leaner mix and I am not sure the body can absorb much of the nutrients beyond 500 calories along with a normal diet. We carry both versions of weight gainer because the most people go for the higher calories when choosing a weight gainer and our “Hardcore Weight Gainer” is more consistent with the popular weight gainers you see in retail and online stores.